ADSM-L

Re: Encryption Confirmation

2005-06-27 12:35:53
Subject: Re: Encryption Confirmation
From: "Barnes, Kenny" <Kenny.Barnes AT GMACINSURANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:35:32 -0400
I would be interested as well in a definitive answer.  I was told by IBM
that while doing a restore to another client and challenged for the
encryption password, was confirmation.  In testing, if I deleted the
encrypt key from the registry of a Windows 2000 client, I was also
challenged.  Which is confusing, since doc's I read stated that if the
key were lost, you could not restore the data?

Penny for your thoughts?