ADSM-L

[TDP for Oracle] To many sessions when delete obsolete

2005-06-22 05:31:40
Subject: [TDP for Oracle] To many sessions when delete obsolete
From: "Loo, M. van 't - SPLXM" <Maurice-van't.Loo AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:08:05 +0200
Hi All,

When the Oracle guys start a "delete obsolete" command to delete expired DB
backups, RMAN starts 1000's of sessions simultaneous to the TSM Server.

We've set the MaxSessions to 7500, so there will be no rejections, but that
could be a risk if something somewhere goes wrong and we have 1000's of
_real_ sessions....

So, does anyone have a good trick to delete the Oracle DB's in a single
session per server or DB?

Thanks in advance,
Maurice van 't Loo
The Netherlands

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.