ADSM-L

Re: Backup Information

2005-06-21 16:34:24
Subject: Re: Backup Information
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:34:13 -0500
Try this on for size.

select entity as Node_Name, Schedule_name, substr(cast(start_time as
char(26)),1,19) as Start_Time, substr(cast(end_time as char(26)),1,19) as
End_Time, (end_time - start_time) minutes as Duration, examined as
Examined, affected as Backed_Up, failed as Failed, cast(bytes/1024/1024 as
integer) as MB, successful from summary where start_time !<
(current_timestamp - 1 day) and upper(activity)='BACKUP'

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com

Debbie Bassler <Deborah_Bassler AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
06/21/2005 03:10 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Backup Information

I was looking at the database tables and trying to find a way to get the
node names, backup start and end times and the amount of data backed up,
into an excel spread sheet. We backup over 100 servers a night and the
operations people manually go throught the activity log to find, and
record,   this info. Just starting this job, I haven't had extra time to
go through any utilites or macros (I'm not even sure where to find them at
this point) that might supply this info. How does everyone else collect
this info?

Currently, we are on TSM 5.1.1 and I'm planning to go to 5.1.9 soon. I
understand there is some reporting capability there....Eventually, we'll
get off AIX 4.3.3 and will be able to use a higher version of TSM....but
until that time I need to make the best of it,,,,

Thanks,
Debbie