ADSM-L

Re: Need backup dates of files on a specific tape...

2005-06-21 14:42:22
Subject: Re: Need backup dates of files on a specific tape...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:41:55 -0400
On Jun 21, 2005, at 1:59 PM, George, Jason wrote:

Hello All-

My team lead posted this question to ADSM.org with no results- so I'll
warn you now, it's a stumper!

I have a situation where a tape has been destroyed and cannot be
restored from offsite tapes. I need to know the backup date of the
file
on the tape. Does anyone have a select statement for this?

Any takers? Thanks for your time. -JG

Here's the least expensive way I know of doing this (where the tape
identity should
allow you to uniquely isolate the right file):

Do 'Query CONtent <Volname> F=D'
where "Client's Name for File" contains HL_NAME and LL_NAME separated
by a space.

then

SELECT * FROM CONTENTS WHERE NODE_NAME='____' AND
FILESPACE_NAME='____' AND HL_NAME='____' AND LL_NAME='____'

which yields the BACKUP_DATE.  The Select should run quickly.

    Richard Sims