ADSM-L

Re: TSM Operational reporting

2005-06-20 14:34:23
Subject: Re: TSM Operational reporting
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:33:37 -0400
Thanks. That would be helpful to see if the effort is worth it. We do
have TSM Manager in house.

>>> GUDOBBAK AT TRINITY-HEALTH DOT ORG 06/20/2005 2:10:19 PM >>>
Larry, missed your previous question but fyi, there's a free 1-2 hour
webinar on Operational Reporting on July 21, you just need to register
for it:

Web 130- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.2 and 5.3 Fundamentals:
Operational Reporting - July 21 11AM ET Program.

http://www.cgselearning.com/tivoliskills/

And yes, I find the reports very helpful, I'm using the same version
as
you, and you need an admin id on any  tsm server you want to report
on.
I'll forward you a copy of our daily reports so you can check it out.

>>> Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US 06/20/05 1:25 PM >>>
I'm thinking from the lackl of response to my previous question, that
few people actually use
TSM Operation reporting. Do people find it not useful or has something
replaced it (mine says
Driver 7)

I used the net  & web detect feature and it discovered a number of
pc/servers that are TSM
clients. but I cannot access those and am not sure what permissions
the
Windows admin need
to add for my account to access the config files and info on those
machines. What do I need?
My account added on those servers....admin access?