ADSM-L

TSM Server on Debian Linux with Qualstar Library

2005-06-20 09:46:55
Subject: TSM Server on Debian Linux with Qualstar Library
From: Christoph Martin <martin AT UNI-MAINZ DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:46:12 +0200
Hi,

we are planning to upgrade our old TSM 4.2 server (43p, 133Mhz, AIX 4.3)
 with a Qualstar 46120 AIT2 tape library to a new server, os and TSM
version. Since we are using Debian Linux on a lot of servers, we would
like to also run TSM 5.x with Debian Linux. I know from out old AIX box,
that for the tape library we need special ADSM Drivers for the tapes and
for the picker.

No I would like to know, if anybody has experiences with TSM on a Debian
server, how kernel dependend this is, if we need special drivers for the
 tape library, etc. I know, that TSM is not officially supported on
Debian Linux yet.

Also we want to put the disc pools onto an iSCSI device. Can we use the
normal iSCSI drivers for that?

Thanks
        Christoph
Christoph Martin, EDV der Verwaltung, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin AT Uni-Mainz DOT DE
  Telefon: +49-6131-3926337
      Fax: +49-6131-3922856