ADSM-L

Re: Recovery of mirrored db and log volumes

2005-06-20 06:04:10
Subject: Re: Recovery of mirrored db and log volumes
From: Jop de Graaf <Jop.de.Graaf AT INTERACCESS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:02:40 +0200
Hi Farren,

Easiest is to create new DB & LOG volumes on the new disk of the same
amount largeness.

If you have done this with a 'dsmfmt' it is sufficient to create a
"second mirror" with 'dbcopy'.
In the q dbv the third column should be filled.
After is says Sync'd, and you have done the same for the log file (q
logv), you can remove the busted copy (dele dbv & dele logv), leaving
two volumes (one original and one copy) in place.

Cheers,

Jop de Graaf
Certified Tivoli Consultant/Instructor

InterAccess Netherlands