ADSM-L

The Move Data command

2005-06-17 04:57:55
Subject: The Move Data command
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:57:21 +0100
Hi all

Is there a way to issue the move data command for a volume such that you
can specify the volume you want to move the data to? The reason I ask is
that I have one on-site tapepool (all 3590 J tapes), and I want to start
adding some K tapes (extended capacity), to the mix. For this reason I want
to start doing some manual moving of data from the J tapes to the K tapes.
I still need to allow TSM to use the available scratch J tapes as well
though, so I don't want to have to eject them all from the library.

As far as I can tell from the documentation, the only option I have is to
issue the stgpool that I want to copy to (or in this case leave it blank as
I'm going to be copying within the same pool anyway).

Thanks in advance

Farren Minns
Solaris System Admin / Oracle DBA
IT - Hosting Services

John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.