ADSM-L

Re: Multiple SQL Instances through the TDP

2005-06-17 00:04:35
Subject: Re: Multiple SQL Instances through the TDP
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:00:11 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Graham Trigge
>I have a Windows 2003 server running multiple instances of
>MSSQL (for some
>reason - I am not the DBA). I have configured a single MSSQL
>server backup
>through a TDP before, but never multiple instances. Has anyone
>done this
>before and can offer a hand? I am assuming I need a new set of
>CFG files,
>log files and scripts to kick off the backups, but will I need new
>versions of dsm.opt, multiple licenses etc.

This has been discussed on this list within the last week.

Take a look at your TSM for SQL manual (manual number SC32-9059 on the
www.ibm.com site). In particular, look at the SQLServer parameter for
tdpsql.exe and tdpsqlc.exe.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
  Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Office 262.521.5627