ADSM-L

SQL2062N error and 406 while trying to backup DB2 with TSM

2005-06-16 08:47:58
Subject: SQL2062N error and 406 while trying to backup DB2 with TSM
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:43:56 +0200
Hi All,

I'm trying to backup DB2 using TSM. When I issue the command:

db2 backup db LDAPDB online use tsm

I get the following error:

SQL2062N  An error occurred while accessing media
"/home/db2ldp/sqllib/adsm/libtsm.a".   reason code: "406".

I've checked all my environment variables (DSMI_DIR, DSMI_CONFIG) and the
dsm.opt pointed to by DSMI_CONFIG is present and readable.
The dsm.sys is readable for the instance owner and he also may write in
the log-directory.
Environment variables are available wit both set and env commands.

Has anyone got a clue to what is going wrong?

Information:

TSM Client 5.3.0.0 on AIX 5.1 ML5
DB2 UDB 8.1
TSM Server 5.3.1.2 on SLES 9