ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal Restore for  Windows 2003 / Disaster recovery of Windows 2003

2005-06-15 12:40:51
Subject: Re: Bare Metal Restore for  Windows 2003 / Disaster recovery of Windows 2003
From: Egon Blouder <egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:40:27 -0400
Hi,

I tested ASR and image backup/recovery using (bart)pe.
ASR runs quite fine unfortunately you have to switch quiten often floppy disks
and CDs.
Image backup works ok as well. However compared to ghost/symantec you have to
build your own PE bootable media *AND* TSM doesn't automatically repartition
your drives. You have to do it manually. Up to now I quite often the disk
layout wasn't exactly the same as before.
Maybe Tivoli is working on that if the community requests that feature?

Regards,
..--

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.