ADSM-L

Re: Backing up more that one instances on the same SQL 2000 server

2005-06-13 15:18:21
Subject: Re: Backing up more that one instances on the same SQL 2000 server
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:17:58 -0400
>>> Fixed typo in second invocation.

Luc,

You can only work with one instance at a time.
To work with instance #1 you enter:

    TDPSQL /SQLSERVER=<sql-inst-1>

        where "<sql-inst-1>" is the name of instance #1.

To work with instance #2 you enter:

    TDPSQL /SQLSERVER=<sql-inst-2>

        where "<sql-inst-2>" is the name of instance #2.

If instance #1 is the default instance, you do not need to
specify the /SQLSERVER parameter.

Thanks,

Del