ADSM-L

Re: Filespaces on which particular tapes?

2005-06-13 10:28:45
Subject: Re: Filespaces on which particular tapes?
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:28:09 -0400
Thanks Richard!

 I hadn't realized I was making that mistake.  Upon further research I have
noticed that I cannot find a way to only get a listing of tapes that have
been written to within the past 2 days.  Would the volumeusage table have
to be joined with another table to get this info.?  Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Richard Sims"
             <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: Filespaces on which particular
                                       tapes?
             06/13/2005 10:09
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

On Jun 13, 2005, at 10:03 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

> ...Here is what I have run successfully:
> select distinct volume_name,node_name from volumeusage where
> node_name='NAS_SERVER_2_OFFSITE'  order by volume_name,node_name
>
> As soon as I place "and filespace_name='/root_vdm_4/*' within it it
> shows
> no tapes

Refer to SQL conventions for "wildcards", as on p.302 of the TSM 5.1
Technical Guide redbook and other references. You're trying to use OS
wildcards in another context. In SQL, you need to use the LIKE clause
and percent signs.

   Richard Sims