ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB unload

2005-06-13 09:55:18
Subject: Re: TSM DB unload
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:54:57 +0200
Hi,

Yes, since the unload will re-org and shrink the database
I always use disk, devt=file, when I do an unload/load DB. My DB backup
to disk is 26GB, an unload DB is 16GB.

Mostly I do this drill (test all utilities on my DB) in upgrade times on
a test server, hardly never on my production server..

//Henrik