ADSM-L

Server message about password

2005-06-08 13:35:51
Subject: Server message about password
From: fred johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:35:35 -0500
A user received this from one of her machines.  According to the Actlog,
the password expired at the exact time, but processing continued and
backups worked again last night.  I can't find details in the manuals, but
my supposition is that the PASSEXP=, and we use the default of 90, does not
apply to the generated passwords.  What I can't account for is the message
itself.  This is one of a dozen machines in this department, all of which
have had their passwords expire numerous times without such a
message.  There is nothing on the machine itself that looks for and traps
and transmits problems.

Anyone have an idea of the source of this?