ADSM-L

Re: Redirecting select statement output from a script

2005-06-02 09:53:13
Subject: Re: Redirecting select statement output from a script
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:49:23 -0400
Redirection requires spaces around the '>'.
Reference: Admin Ref manual, "Redirecting Command Output".

On Jun 2, 2005, at 9:28 AM, David le Blanc wrote:

Hi Matthew

I notice you have a space after the '>'.  I remember a discussion
on how
the
'> redirect' gets confused with '> greater than'  and the (rather
vague)
solution
was to interpret the space after the '>' as an indicator that this
was a

greater than, and not a redirect... hence the illegal sql operator
message.

Try dropping the space.. maybe.

Someone who recognises this 'feature' could possibly correct me on its
actual
usage.