ADSM-L

Re: Backing up MySQL question

2005-06-02 07:23:37
Subject: Re: Backing up MySQL question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:22:15 -0400
On Jun 2, 2005, at 4:37 AM, Farren Minns wrote:

We have a Linux (Suse 9), server running a MySQL 4.1.10 database
and are
currently looking at ways of backing it up. Does anyone out there
have any
experience with the TDP for MySQL client and if so does it have to
run on a
Windows platform?

My knowledge of Windows and MySQL are sketchy at best so I have
probably
not provided enough information.

No one has experience with the TDP for MySQL client: there is no such
thing.
MySQL is one of those freebee, open software applications where
there's no
money in it for IBM to devote resources to a TDP client.

What IBM suggests for MySQL backups can be found at:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/redp3980.html

Also, search the List archives for "MySQL" and "My SQL" for past
discussions.

   Richard Sims