ADSM-L

Converting from SCSI direct attach to SCSI-SHARED

2005-06-01 09:07:34
Subject: Converting from SCSI direct attach to SCSI-SHARED
From: David le Blanc <david.leblanc AT IDENTITY-SOLUTIONS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:52:00 +1000
I am looking at the possibility of converting from two TSM servers
accessing
a shared library (as separate drives and separate control paths) 3584 to
be
exact  to a TSM server as library manager and a TSM server accessing the
library
as a shared library.

Are there any steps I can take to effectively check the tapes out
logical
partition, and into the library manager, without going through any type
of
data migration?

I have not had time to test this, and I have to discuss pro's and cons's
of
a possible strategy, and so far I've been told that the way to do it is
defined a 'second' library as the shared library, and 'move'  or
'migrate' all
my data into storage pools on the new library.  this will take a
seriously long
time and I'd rather there was a more direct route.

Any idea's?

David le Blanc