ADSM-L

Errors during MS-SQL backup using the TSM API

2005-05-27 10:46:36
Subject: Errors during MS-SQL backup using the TSM API
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:45:51 -0400
Last night we had an error on all our MS-SQL backups using the TSM API.
The only change to the configuration was that
explicit mangement class assignments were added in the optioins file
for the API. The management class for the databases
backed up are assigned correctly and the backups appear to all have
worked.

1). These are the errors that show:

ACO5436E A failure occurred on stripe number (0), rc = 1301

ANS0328E (RC45)  The specified objects failed the merge test.

2). This is what was found looking up the errors. I looked thru several
manuals and
can find no reference to 'merge test parameters'.

ACO5436E A failure occurred on stripe number
(stripe number), rc = return code

Explanation: A failure occurred on the numbered
stripe.
System Action: Processing ends.
User Response: There should be other messages along
with this one. Refer to the other messages to determine
the problem.

ANS0328E The specified objects failed the merge
test.
Explanation: The specified objects failed the merge
test, operation cannot complete.
System Action: The requested operation failed.
User Response: See documentation for the merge test
parameters.

Anyone acquainted with this?