ADSM-L

Re: Domino Transaction Logs Archive

2005-05-24 19:41:12
Subject: Re: Domino Transaction Logs Archive
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:40:57 -0700
I don't have any valuable information to add to this thread but I thought I'd
note that their is a "Technical Exchange" planned for May 31st on the TDP for
domino in a Unix environment.  Also I realize that this server is a Windows
server but maybe some of this information is the same regardless of Windows or
Unix. At the very least you can the experts at Tivoli these questions.

More on the Exchange:

Tivoli Support Technical Exchange
Presented by ISST - IBM Software Services for Tivoli
Using Data Protection for Lotus Domino on Unix
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 10:00 AM US CDT
16:00 UK
17:00 CET
---------------------------------
Greetings Technical Professionals,

Presenters:
Brian Pendergrass - Tivoli Software Group TSM Level 2 Support Engineer

Mail: Data Protection for Lotus Domino in a Unix environment. It includes
configuration, explanation of internals, and helpful troubleshooting techniques.

Please check the Support Technical Exchange website for any possible changes to
this web conference at:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/supp_tech_exch.html

** Make sure to test your connection to the web conference facility at least
one day prior to the scheduled web conference.
The connectivity test can be conducted at the following URL:
https://www-1.ibm.com/collaboration/collaboratenow/logon.jsp

Web Conference URL
https://www-1.ibm.com/collaboration/webconferences/meetingdetails.jsp?meetingId=EB7ADC2E92247DB47DCCBDCD12F7A7A7

Web Conference Password: tiv0li (the 0 is a zero).
You will use the tiv0li to log into the actual live web conference once you
sign into the web conference facility.
IBM employees please use your IBM internet ID and password to log into the web
conference facility.

Please dial in to the following telephone numbers to ask questions and hear the
audio.
Confirmation Code: 8854473
US.......(800) 967-7184
Intl.....(719) 457-2633
IBM Tie Line...650-2006

In Country #:
France..............0800-914669
Germany.............0800-1007413
Netherlands.........0800-0230902
Norway..............800-15504
Belgium.............0800-75945
Spain...............900-991839
Denmark.............8088-2496
Switzerland.........0800-89-6977
United Kingdom......08-000289792

IBM Employees, please click once on the button below to add this web conference
to your Lotus Notes calendar.

Please mark this great event on your calendar. We look forward to your
participation.

best regards,

Kimberly Arceneaux
ISST Skills & Certification
karcenea AT us.ibm DOT com
Ext: 512-286-3719, T/L: 966-3719

Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM> wrote:
Hello All,

Our Domino Server is rebooted automatically every Tuesday at 06:30 hrs.,
to clear memory says our Notes Administrator.

Transaction logging takes place every two hours, and anything between 4
and 12 logs are archived, except once after the reboot every Tuesday
where
over 140 logs are archived at 08:00 hrs. (the next archive schedule)

Is this normal behaviour ? Aren't logs supposed to be archived once only
?

TSM SERVER 5.2.2.0 on Windows Server 2003
Domino 6.5 on Windows Server 2003
Data Protection for Lotus Domino 5.1.5.01

TIA

Bill