ADSM-L

ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

2005-05-24 10:05:47
Subject: ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:05:20 -0400
Background - TSM Server 5.2.3.5
Oper System - 5.2 Mod 2
AIX Client  Involved - TSM client version, 5.2.2.0.  AIX oper system 5.2
mod 2
SQL Backtrack Version- 4.4.10.2

Yesterday, we received ANS1017E (-50) message  with a sybase backup(2nd
time error occurred a couple of months ago with a db2 database) backup
which are started by a external scheduler where the client script
initiates the backup(daily job). The backup jobs fail to start and the
script reports back to the operator that it failed.  After a retry the job
works fine.  The backup goes to disk pool first, then we backup to tape
later.

Any idea's what is causing this?

I looked at the act log - no errors or warnings that I can see.  No
idletimeout warnings, I could see the client session open and close within
a couple of minutes.   The dsmierror log, showed no errors too.  No higher
priority warnings.

error >

*** Started on 05/23/05 12:02:17

obsi/adsm: FATAL: TSM: dsmInit failed, return code: ANS1017E (RC-50)
Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

[dtsdump 197296] Terminating program; please wait.
obsi/adsm: FATAL: TSM: dsmInit failed, return code: ANS1017E (RC-50)
Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

obsi/adsm: FATAL: TSM: dsmInit failed, return code: ANS1017E (RC-50)
Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

[dtsdump 197296] DT-04892F: Program terminated (signal=15).
[dtsdump 197296]
[dtsdump 197296] *** This program has been terminated.
[dtsdump 197296] *** This program did NOT complete successfully.
[dtsdump 198990] DT-04893F: Dump/Load command process terminated
(signal=15).
[dtsdump 198990]
[dtsdump 198990] *** This program has been terminated.
[dtsdump 198990] *** This program did NOT complete successfully.
[dtsdump 186724] DT-04894F: Stripe process terminated (signal=15).
[dtsdump 186724]
[dtsdump 186724] *** This program has been terminated.
[dtsdump 186724] *** This program did NOT complete successfully.
[dtsdump 130824] DT-04894F: Stripe process terminated (signal=15).

DT-04334W: OBSI driver returned file name when backup process had already
completed.

*** finished on 05/23/05 12:02:28
*** 1 control file processed
*** elapsed time was 11 seconds
*** highest return code was 3
*** backup completed with errors

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
Backhaus.Nancy AT HealthNow DOT org
Office: (716) 887-7979
Cell: (716)  609-2138

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.