ADSM-L

Re: Confused about reclamation

2005-05-24 09:12:44
Subject: Re: Confused about reclamation
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:12:09 -0500
If the volume that is being requested is still 100% full, there may be a
partial file on it from another volume that is actually being reclaimed.
When you remove tapes from the library this can happen. In order to keep
up with TSM expiration and normal reclamation you will have to mount
tapes.

I would not set the volumes to unavailable, specifically for restores
and other normal TSM processing.

Expiration does not request volumes, it deletes entries from the
database and that in turn frees space on volumes. That free space is
what is being reclaimed.