ADSM-L

Using SysBack integration with TSM

2005-05-23 09:12:49
Subject: Using SysBack integration with TSM
From: Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:28:03 +0200
Hi All,

I've setup SysBack on three clients to use TSM as a backup device (virtual
tape device tsm0). When I make a sysback of these clients all works fine
and the image is stored in TSM.

For the ultimate test I want to restore a client (one of them can be used
for the test). When I boot the system (which is actually an LPAR) the
system will actually boot into the SysBack boot menu. But when I access
the Change Installation Device menu I can see all network interfaces, but
not the virtual TSM device.

Anyone got a clue to what is going wrong where?

Environment:

TSM Server 5.3.1.2
TSM Client 5.3.0.0
SysBack 5.6.6.1