ADSM-L

Re: Question about Management classes and node association

2005-05-22 13:53:36
Subject: Re: Question about Management classes and node association
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:51:41 -0400
See chapter  Understanding storage management policies
in the client manual.

Nodes are not assigned to management classes - file system objects are.
If you do not associate a file with a management class, via the
Include statement,
during Backup TSM uses the default management class in the active
policy set for
files.

The manuals will provide more understandable narrative than training
materials.

   Richard Sims