ADSM-L

Path from NAS to existing Library/Drives

2005-05-20 15:22:25
Subject: Path from NAS to existing Library/Drives
From: fred johanson <fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:22:13 -0500
We've attached a new NAS to an existing TSM system, with a 3584 and 6
3592s.  Following the steps in Chapter 6 of the Admin Guide, everything
went smoothly until step 6, Defining Tape Drives and Paths.  Since the
drives already exist in TSM it looks like all I should have to do is define
the path from NAS to drive:

def path nasbox tsmdrive srct=datamover destt=drive devi=name-supplied-by
hardware-guy.

This produced ANR1763E, i.e., Command Failed - see previous error
messages.  But there are none of those.  I tried variations of case for the
device name with the same result.

However, when I went to the WebAdmin and tried, leaving off the device name
and using the AutoDetect button, I got a success message - for all six
drives.  But

q path f=d

shows nothing in the device name.

So, in my confusion, I ask, did I miss something when I used the CLI?  or
is there something amiss in the Admin Guide?  are the paths really there
and usable?

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago