ADSM-L

Re: Regarding TSM db and log mirroring

2005-05-20 09:45:06
Subject: Re: Regarding TSM db and log mirroring
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:44:58 -0400
Allen,

As I understand it, the list of all db and log volumes is maintained on
each and every db and log volume.  The dsmserv.dsk file only needs to point
to one of these volumes.  When TSM comes up, it will read that volume,
obtain the full list, and access the others.  Someone from IBM can correct
me if I am wrong, or if this has changed over the years.

Years ago, I actually went through the scenario you describe.  We split the
DB mirror, and brought up TSM on only half of the mirrors, while we ran an
auditdb on the other half of the mirrors.

We run TSM as non-root.  We just changed the ownership of the split mirrors
so that TSM could not access them.

..Paul