ADSM-L

Re: How did this password expire?

2005-05-16 15:01:07
Subject: Re: How did this password expire?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:59:42 -0400
Roger,

I've seen this happen a couple of ways.

I doubt it really "Expired", it's probably just "corrupted".

I've seen it happen when someone applied maintenance to AIX that somehow
(we never figured out how) stomped around in /etc/password.

Also if you are using the new NIC with a new IP address, I think that
can do it.
Doesn't TSM on AIX use the IP address somehow in the encryption key?