ADSM-L

Re: ANR8420E IO Error

2005-05-16 09:42:58
Subject: Re: ANR8420E IO Error
From: showersofblessings <tayo70s AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:39:20 -0700
Hi,

It seems like you forgot to define the path from the
server to the tape drive, and the 2nd line doesn't
quite look right to me. It should look like this:

define drive manlib IBMDRV

then define the path:

define path server_name IBMDRV srctype=server
desttype=drive library=manlib device=/dev/st0

That should do it.

--- Akash Jain <akashj AT IBILTTECHNOLOGIES DOT COM> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to define a drive in TSM level but
> getting the (ANR8420E)
> above-mentioned error.
>
> At OS level the tape drive has been defined in /dev
> directory as st0
> (Seagate DAT 20/40, internal drive 4MM with IBM
> stamp, 9SP40-000). The
> working of DAT drive has been checked at OS level
> with the tar command.
>
> The series of commands used are:-
>
> 1>     define library manlib libtype=manual
> 2>     define drive manlib IBMDRV device=/dev/st0
>
> Any suggestions are really appreciated.
>

> Regards
> Akash

Yahoo! Mail