ADSM-L

Feedback on TSM running on Sun/Solaris

2005-05-13 12:51:43
Subject: Feedback on TSM running on Sun/Solaris
From: "Miller, Ryan" <Miller.Ryan AT PRINCIPAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:51:01 -0500
We are looking at moving our TSM infrastructure from zOS to a distributed
platform.  I would like any positive or negative feedback on TSM running on a
Sun/Solaris environment.  Primarily I would like feedback from large TSM users,
over 500 TB of TSM data, nightly backups over 5 TB, 2000 clients.  If you are
replicating data offsite electronically, that would be a plus.

To keep posts down on the list, please respond to miller.ryan AT principal DOT
com

Thanks!

Ryan Miller

Principal Financial Group

Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager

-----Message Disclaimer-----

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
reply email to Connect AT principal DOT com and delete or destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from the
Principal Financial Group or any of its member companies may be retained
as required by law or regulation.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an Electronic signature
for purposes of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) or the
Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("E-Sign")
unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.