ADSM-L

Firewall issues with Novell client 5.3.0?

2005-05-11 11:14:23
Subject: Firewall issues with Novell client 5.3.0?
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:11:43 -0400
Hello,

A Novell client turned on a Firewall the other day and
the last two nights one of there nodes has missed it's
scheduled backup. I just found the following message in the
Sever Activity log and since the Server didn't connect
there is nothing in the dsm.errorlog.

ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client
DAWBM1 using type 1 (XX.XX.XX.XX 36039). (SESSION)

Tsm version 5.3.1
TSM Novell client 5.3.0
Novell 6.5 SP2

The client also has 6 other Novell boxes that we backup
and the complete successfully there client versions are
5.2.2

I am curious this may or may not be the problem but has anyone had any
issues with a firewall in using client versions 5.3.0 on the Novell
platform
or any platform?

Thanks for any help in advance!