ADSM-L

Re: NDMP Backup issue with the flexible NAS Volume

2005-05-10 12:47:22
Subject: Re: NDMP Backup issue with the flexible NAS Volume
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:45:12 -0600
        Ahh, it looks like you ran into the bug we did.

        It is a bug in ONTAP and it was resolved with an upgrade to
OnTap 7.0.0.1P2.  I'm looking on the NOW site, but I'm not finding the
link to the bug. Basically, it had a problem with ACLs (phase 5 of the
backups) and would keep sending the files over and over again (remaining
perpetually at 99% complete) but never completing.

        Sorry.... Not finding it online at the moment, but you should be
able to spoon feed them the information you have and they should
eventually find a hit.

 Ben