ADSM-L

Re: NAS Report through the ACTLOG table

2005-05-10 11:32:30
Subject: Re: NAS Report through the ACTLOG table
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:31:54 -0600
Welcome to my world. A world where I'm unable to find any good reporting
tools for NDMP backups.

        I asked a question like this about 2 weeks ago on the forum. I
had a few responses but not exactly what I was looking for.

        I've started on my own query and this is what I have come up
with so far.

        The actlog is useless, as the volume is not listed at the
completion, I have gone with the backup table: A report that will list
the q-trees that have not been backed up in the last 24 hours.

                          Name: MISSED_NETAPP_BACKUPS
                   Line Number: 1
                       Command: select backups.node_name,
                                 backups.filespace_name,
                                 vfsmappings.filespace_name,
backups.type,
                                 backups.backup_date as "Last Backup
Date" from
                                 backups, vfsmappings where
                                 backups.filespace_name like
                                 vfsmappings.virtual_fs_name and
                                 backups.type<>'TOC' and BACKUP_DATE <
                                 current_timestamp -1 day and
                                 STATE='ACTIVE_VERSION'

        You will notice that we are backing up at the qtree level, so we
are looking at the vfsmappings table, if you are backing up at the
volume level, it would have to be a little different.

        It's a work in progress, as the format is still not quite what
I'm looking for.

Ben