ADSM-L

Re: problems with medium changer driver in 3583

2005-05-09 07:35:30
Subject: Re: problems with medium changer driver in 3583
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 13:31:39 +0200
You will need to install the IBM Atape driver, which you can find here:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/.

You cannot use the TSM device driver for IBM equipment.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Otto Schakenbos <oschakenbos AT TELEFLEX DOT COM>
2005-05-09 13:27
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: problems with medium changer driver in 3583

not sure about windows but in linux/unix there is the tsmscsi driver
that you use for all library's except IBM library's. If you have a ibm
library you need to use a special driver that only works with ibm
library's. (IBMtape or something)

maybe you are using the generic driver instead of the ibm driver?

regards

Otto Schakenbos
System Administrator

TEL: +49-7151/502 8468
FAX: +49-7151/502 8489
MOBILE: +49-172/7102715
E-MAIL: oschakenbos AT teleflex DOT com

Teleflex Holding GmbH
Corporate IT Europe
Fronackerstrasse 33-35
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY

Pawel Jobkiewicz wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have server 2003 SP1 with TSM 5.3.1.1 and library IBM Ultrium 3583
connected to this server via FC. I've installed drivers to the tapes
without any problem, but I can't install correctly meduim changer. I've
installed "TSM drivers for medium changer - tsmscsi.sys". But in Windows
Device Manger next to this device there is an exlamation mark and in
propertis there is note that "windows can't load all drivers. code 31" My
TSM see only tape drivers. I can't define path to the library. I don't
know what's wrong, I did everything what is said in user guide.