ADSM-L

Re: Out of scratch tapes?

2005-05-06 09:36:06
Subject: Re: Out of scratch tapes?
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:31:25 +0100
Well, unhappy management springs to mind.
But for the short period you are talking about, can't you do one or more
of
1) Add extra disk storage
2) Step up reclamation
3) Look at tape reuse delay
4) Check whether you have any filespaces not accessed for a long time. Are
their backups still required?

Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
06/05/2005 14:09
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>

ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
cc

Subject
Out of scratch tapes?

Folks,

UNfortunately as a result of miscommunication with our supplier,
we will be running out of scratch tapes in the next few days.
We should have a new shipment returning on Monday but, in
the meantime, it appears that we will run out Sunday evening.

Aside from missing backups, what other repercussions can we expect?

Thanks sooooo much!

DaveZ

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy Group.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this
email (or any attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance
or acceptance of an offer and it does not form part of a binding
contractual agreement.

Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC, S+S and SSE
Power Distribution are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.