ADSM-L

Re: journaling - any way to avoid hardcoding drives in the .ini?

2005-05-05 11:35:55
Subject: Re: journaling - any way to avoid hardcoding drives in the .ini?
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:35:26 -0400
>>> tsm windows 5.3.0.5 client
>>>
>>> related to journaling - is it possible to code the tsmjbbd.ini in such
a way
>>> that all local drives are journaled, without having to hardcode each
one?
>>> I'm thinking if a drive gets added we might forget to go back and add
it to
>>> the journal config.

Currently there isn't any type of "all local" option to detect when new
drives
are added.

This requirement has also been expressed by other customers so it is a
possibility
for a future release.

If it helps, the configuration file may be edited to add (or remove) new
drives to the
JournalFileSystem list without stopping and restarting the service (the
journals will
be brought on/offline).

Hope this answers your question .....

Pete Tanenhaus
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"