ADSM-L

Re: SV: Best OS for a TSM server

2005-05-04 08:42:04
Subject: Re: SV: Best OS for a TSM server
From: Jonathan Kaufman <jkaufman AT FOOTLOCKER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 07:44:24 -0500
In about a week I should be able to answer that question fully. We should
be going live on a P560 next week wensday

P570
4 CPU's
16GB
Aix v5.3
TSM v5.2.3
IBM 3584 LTO2 (with 16 drives) via FC
1TB Disk (Diskpool, DB, Log etc) via FC/SVC

This is replacing an 4 CPU LPAR on a P690

At the moment (not being used) it's quite snappy and disk I/O is more
responsive then on our 690 LPAR, but then the 690 doesn't have SVC so that
may have something to do with it.

Jonathan Kaufman

"Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>
05/04/2005 04:48 AM