ADSM-L

Re: Best OS for a TSM server

2005-05-03 15:56:30
Subject: Re: Best OS for a TSM server
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 15:56:10 -0400
We're running our Datacenter TSM server on RH3 on an x335 dual 2.4 with
4GB of memory and it's been running fine for us. Don't have much of a
disk pool available to me but it works. Same TSM version as you.

In comparison our Windows TSM server at corporate just plain bites.
We're moving that to a p520 LPAR though so I won't have to deal with it
for much longer.

Luc Beaudoin wrote:
Hi all

I have a TSM server on a WIN2K server .... I have some performance issue,
I suspect that maybe Windows 2000 can be a cause ....

Is there a difference if TSM is installed on a AIX box ...  or another OS

Thanks

Luc