ADSM-L

Re: stop processes

2005-05-02 07:50:54
Subject: Re: stop processes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 07:49:46 -0400
The product has historically lacked any ready means for either
preventing or terminating processes, in total. There are only means for
preventing some process types at server restart, and canceling by
individual process number. TSM 5.3 has introduced new MIGrate STGpool
and RECLaim STGpool commands to explicitly initiate migrations and
reclamations - but no corresponding negation capability to terminate
them, despite the obvious corollary. We are left to query for all
processes and then individually cancel by number. This is primitive.
With all the other sophistication in the product, one would expect
Development to have addressed this by now.

    Richard Sims