ADSM-L

Re: diskpool sizing formula ?

2005-04-29 13:06:32
Subject: Re: diskpool sizing formula ?
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:06:13 -0500
IMHO, minimum disk pool size is 3 to 5 times the daily change rate.
That is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM; hopefully you can get lots more than that.

If you don't know the daily change rate, try 5% of data volume for
normal files.  It will probably be closer to 2%.

Now extrapolate for the data growth rate and you can get a scary figure
quickly :)