ADSM-L

Re: Not all data is copied to copypool

2005-04-28 23:05:40
Subject: Re: Not all data is copied to copypool
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:04:56 -0400
There are two apars, one fixed and one just opened, that describe problems with
stg backup completing normally but not all the files in the primary pool being
backup up.  This can leave you with important data that is NOT offsite with no
warning. The two apars are IC36462 and IC45931.

Here is a select that shows you occupancy by node and storagepool that you can
use to determine if you have everything in your copypool:

 select node_name as "Node Name ",stgpool_name as "STGPool
",cast(sum(num_files) as decimal(10,0)),cast(sum(logical_mb) as decimal (15,2))
as "Log Occ (MB)" from occupancy  group by node_name,stgpool_name order by
node_name,stgpool_name

There is a workaround described in the first apar, "reset backup VOL" for the
volumes in the primary pool.

By the way, I discovered I had the problem as described in the 1st apar because
that wonderful program, Servergraph/TSM (http://www.servergraph.com) alerted me
to the fact that I had a growing difference in the amount of data in my primary
and copy tapepools.  Then when I had solved the problem fixed by the first
apar, it again alerted me that I still had a problem and that led to the
opening of the 2nd apar.

David Ehresman