ADSM-L

TDP for SQL restore seems to hang

2005-04-28 10:16:50
Subject: TDP for SQL restore seems to hang
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:16:46 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
I have a few SQL clients which seem to "hang" when trying to restore a large
database. Restoring a small one (Northwind) works fine, but when they want
to restore a larger database TDP just says "Waiting for TSM server.." and
nothing else happens until the session is cancelled by the server after 3600
seconds.
The client has a session in the SendW state, but the amount of bytes
transferred is minimal. The input tape also gets mounted.
The actlog just contains the following lines:

28-04-2005 13:18:11 ANE4991I (Session: 714765, Node: KL1012EZ-SQL)  TDP
MSSQL Win32 ACO3003 Data Protection for SQL: Starting full restore of backup
object SCReport to database SCReport on server KL1012EZ.  (SESSION: 714765)

28-04-2005 14:20:04 ANR0481W Session 714765 for node KL1012EZ-SQL (TDP MSSQL
Win32) terminated - client did not respond within 3600 seconds. (SESSION:
714765)

The tdpsql.log also doesn't show any cause, just that the restore is
canceled due to the session cancel by the server:

04/28/2005 15:19:25 ACO5436E A failure occurred on stripe number (0), rc =
418
04/28/2005 15:19:25 ANS1017E (RC-50)  Session rejected: TCP/IP connection
failure
04/28/2005 15:19:26 Restore of SCReport failed.

Does anybody know how I can find out why the restore is not working?
Thanks in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.