ADSM-L

Re: Linux - vmware problem

2005-04-27 16:58:39
Subject: Re: Linux - vmware problem
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:58:17 -0400
Totally off topic but how are people using vmware in the enterprise? I
see ALOT of posts about vmware and at one point I was a licensed
workstation customer. I know what ESX and GSX provide but is it being
used like LPARs or just server consolidation? I know the only time I
used in a corporate environment in the past, I was the SA for a QA lab
and it made our jobs easier there.

I thought at some point I read that people were running TSM servers in
vmware??

We have two x445 server that will be rolling out of production soon and
it seems a waste to just use them as two servers. I know IBM provides a
customized version of vmware for the x445.

Just curious!

John E. Vincent