ADSM-L

TSM 5.3, AES-128 encryption and API/TDP backups

2005-04-22 09:40:26
Subject: TSM 5.3, AES-128 encryption and API/TDP backups
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:38:24 +0100
 Hi Guys,

Just a quicky - is anyone out here using the 128-bit AES encryption
capabilities of the 5.3 API to encrypt TDPOracle on Solaris or TDPSQL
backup? I believed this was possible in 5.3, but I'm not having many (or
in fact any) hits in the online docs (or IBM.com or ADSM.org) trying to
find out how to get this working, only how to get the BA client to
encrypt via encryptiontype, include.encrypt etc.

As ever, any help or pointers gratefully received.

Many thanks,

David McClelland
IBM Certified Deployment Professional TSM 5.2
Tivoli Storage Manager Certified Consultant
Infrastructure Backup and Recovery Development
Shared Infrastructure Development
Reuters
85 Fleet Street
London EC4P 4AJ

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit
http://www.reuters.com/productinfo

the views of Reuters Ltd.