ADSM-L

Re: NAS Backup Summary: Help!

2005-04-21 21:14:04
Subject: Re: NAS Backup Summary: Help!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:13:09 -0400
Quoting Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>:

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to create a select statement that will summarize NAS backups,
but when I run this command I get the following output.  Is there a way to
find out what filesystem it had backed up?  That is the last piece of what
I need for this report and I can't figure out how where that info. would
come from.  Thank you in advance for your help! ...

The Summary stats are just like what is found at the end of a backups
log or the dsmaccnt data: it's a composite number of all the
filespaces involved in the task, and so does not attempt to identify
them.

An approach may be to use the timestamp from the Summary table to seek
a reasonable match in the Filespaces table, per its BACKUP_START and
BACKUP_END times, based upon your familiarity with your processing
environment.

  Richard Sims