ADSM-L

Re: Re Expiration of Files and Directories

2005-04-20 11:16:55
Subject: Re: Re Expiration of Files and Directories
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:15:16 -0400
Don't try to use one tool for all purposes. Where the need is to pick
and choose certain files to keep for certain lengths of time, the
better tool to use is Archive rather than Backup. This gets you where
you want to be and eliminates policy disparities between files and
directories. I would not try to twist Backup to achieve that objective.

  Richard Sims