ADSM-L

Re: Finding Tapes a file is on

2005-04-15 11:53:38
Subject: Re: Finding Tapes a file is on
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:53:25 -0400
==> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:10:27 -0400, Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> said:

> The simplest way is to perform a dummy restoral and see what tape was
> mounted. That takes a couple of minutes rather than days.

I've often wondered why this data isn't available to us in any other way.

It's so easy to answer the question from the client-side, why can't we do

restorequery node=foo [ list of arguments you'd pass to a Q BACKUP ]

and get a list of files that would be restored, and a list of tapes that would
be needed...

- Allen S. Rout
- Curmudgeon