ADSM-L

server out of data storage space

2005-04-15 09:38:19
Subject: server out of data storage space
From: "Moga, Costin" <Costin.Moga AT INGROMANIA DOT RO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:31:51 +0300
Hi everyone,

I have a error while archiving a lot of large files (a total of  220 GB) to
TSM server (5.2.2 W2k server)
The problem is that after writing ~half of a new tape, I received error ANS
5092S Server out of data storage space .  The drive is an LTO2 and it is use
compresion 200/400 GB. We use only LTO2 tapes
I open a PMR to IBM and they advised me to disable the client compression
since the Format of the Device Class is set to Drive.

I followed their recommendation but I received the same error on a new tape.
Daily backups can write up to 80-90% of the drive capacity.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Costin

************************************* Internet Email Confidentiality Disclaimer
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
Our web site address is http://www.ingromania.ro