ADSM-L

Finding Tapes a file is on

2005-04-15 06:26:39
Subject: Finding Tapes a file is on
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:26:23 -0400
Good Morning.
Running TSM Server 5.2.2 on an AIX 5.2 server.   The client take was backed up
was running TSM 5.2 on Win2K.
Is there an quick way to find what tapes a file is on.
We have to find a file that was deleted but need to find all the tapes it was
on.
We did a
"select * from contents where upper(node_name)="DCL02" and
upper(filespace_name)="\\DCL02\d$' and upper(file_name)='\DATA\DATADIR\SHARE\
file_name.txt' > output.file"
The DB is about 28GB and the problem is it's been running for 11 days.  All
reclamation was stopped so the data would not move around.
Is there a faster way to determine what tapes a file is/was on?  I realize it
depends on the speed of the machine but it seems like a rather long time.

Thanks
Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones
> *  eric.j.jones AT lmco DOT com