ADSM-L

Re: Compatibility LTO2/LTO3

2005-04-14 12:11:12
Subject: Re: Compatibility LTO2/LTO3
From: Christian Bagard <christian.bagard AT WANADOO DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:14:33 +0200
Hi,
Yes it's possible to write on cartridge one generation back, and to read two
generations but it's not exactly my question.

I found this redbook, very interesting and accurate but not my answer
The IBM TotalStorage Tape Libraries Guide for Open Systems SG24-5946-02

Is it possible (which constraints) to read (maybe write) with LTO2 drives,
LTO2 cartridges written with LTO3 drives (using LTO2 format?) ?

Thanks
Christian Bagard
SOS-Restore - Aix-en-Provence - France