ADSM-L

Re: Changing copypools

2005-04-10 06:24:50
Subject: Re: Changing copypools
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:24:25 +0200
On Apr 8, 2005, at 23:25, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

Unfortunately, that is the concensus.

IMHO, these features are missing from TSM:

1.  Move COPYPOOL volumes/data

this is possible, both on a per node and a per volume basis.

2.  Deleted the COPYPOOL data for a NODE !

that would be very usefull indeed.

[heavy sigh]

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
04/08/2005 04:29 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Changing copypools

Hi Zoltan!

Well, if you are trying to move all the data from 3590's to LTO
cartridges, there is certainly no means to do it except to rewrite the
data!
Creating the LTO2 copy pool will take exactly one command:  backup
stgpool primarypool  lto2pool

Naturally it will take a long time to complete, but it can be cancelled
and restarted as needed.
Once that is done, getting the 3590 vols deleted is easy; that is what
macros are for!

Run this:

select 'delete volume ', volume_name, 'discarddata=yes wait=yes' from
volumes where stgpool_name='your_3590_copypool_name'

It will create the DELETE commands for you; run the results as a macro.
Only gotcha:  This could take a long time to run because it hits the DB
hard, purging all the file entries from the copy pool.
Don't run it during the time your normal expiration or DB backup runs.

Wanda